Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Nerdy Nails Issue 6: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Howdy peeps! Time for another issue of Nerdy Nails! After the unexpected hiatus last week, I decided I would come back with an idea I've had and have been wanting to paint for ages. These are in tribute to one of my favourite animated shows, Avatar: The Last Airbender!





This show is set in a world that is split into four nations, Water, Earth, Fire and Air, and certain talented people from each nation have the ability to manipulate the element of their nation (called bending, as in waterbender, airbender, etc). Every generation, there is one special person who has the ability to control all elements, who is known as the Avatar (hence the name). Aang is the main character, and he is the last airbender from his tribe, as well as being the next Avatar, and he has the task of saving the world from the Fire Nation taking over. Heavy stuff for a 12-or-so year old to deal with.

Anywizzle, for my nail art, I decided to depict the symbols of each of the Four Nations, and for my last nail, I decided on Aang’s arrow tattoo that is common to the monks of the Air Nation.




Thumb – Aang’s arrow tattoo: Essence Hazelnut Cream Pie, Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream
Index- Water Nation: Barry M Cyan Blue, China Glaze Man Hunt
Middle – Earth Nation: Essence Upper Green Side, Essence Walk On The Wild Side
Ring – Fire Nation: Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Honeymoon Red, China Glaze Liquid Leather
Pinky – Air Nation: OPI My Vampire Is Buff, Zoya Kristen
Topped off with 2 coats of Seche Vite




These nails took me AGES. I’m not sure why I thought I’d be any better at doing circley, swirly designs after my Avengers fiasco, but I was stubborn and did these anyway. I think I actually ended up taking most of them off twice before being even a little bit happy with them. They turned out good enough though, and I enjoyed wearing them.
It’s a great cartoon that was unfortunately ruined by M. Night Shyamalan a couple of years ago in a terrible movie adaption – I tend to just pretend the movie didn't happen, and that, one day, someone will adapt the series into the awesome movie it deserves.



Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for another Nerdy Nails next week!

Ciao for now x

2 comments:

  1. my girlfriend is committed to making these happen to her fingers

    ReplyDelete
  2. my girlfriend is committed to making these happen to her fingers

    ReplyDelete