Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Ode to S.H.I.E.L.D. with Fandom Cosmetics and A-England


I recently treated myself to some new nail accessories, and thought it was a great time to indulge in my first purchase from Fandom Cosmetics. So, I decided to buy a bunch of nail decals to celebrate some of my favourite fandoms.

They arrived this week, and since I’m in a big Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. buzz at the moment, so I decided to try these out first. Nail polish wise, I’m still on a little A-England buzz following the 5 polishes I bought recently, so I’ve two A-England polishes featured in this mani.



Thumb, index and pinky were painted with one coat of A-England Camelot. Middle finger was started with 2 coats of China Glaze White on White, and the suit details were painted free-hand using Camelot, and a small bit of Bobbing for Baubles by Essie for the lapels of the suit jacket. Ring finger consists of two coats of A-England Excalibur and one coat of Glisten & Glow HK Girl topcoat to quick-dry before applying the decal. Once that was dry, I removed the nail decal from the backing paper with a pair of tweezers and applied it to the middle of the nail. I finally topped everything off with 2 coats of HK Girl topcoat.





I really like these decals; I think they will be really easy to use. I was a little caught off guard with how sticky they are, as I didn't get this one completely centred, but now I know how they are, I think it’ll be better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment