Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dots 'n' Bows


I was in the mood for doing something a little cuter on my nails this week, and I couldn’t decide on whether to do polka dots or practice some more stamping, so I decided, “Hey, I’ve got 10 nails, I can just do both!”. So I did J






My base colour is Zoya Wednesday, and the polka dots are My Boyfriend Scales Walls by OPI, applied with a dotting tool I got from Born Pretty Store here.

The White bow was stamped from Cheeky plate CH1, using Essence white stamping polish. I decided to jazz up the bows with a little gold stud action; I just applied a small dot of topcoat to the area, picking up the stud with a small dotting tool dipped in topcoat and applied the stud to the nail. The gold studs are also from Born Pretty Store here (this site is great for nail art accessories and tools). Once the dots and the stamps had dried, I finished it off with a couple of coats of Seche Vite.



As with all my other posts so far, my dotting still needs a bit of work, but I did like these, and I wore this mani for about 5 days and had minimal chippage until the last day or so.
Wednesday was part of my first Zoya purchase (along with shades Skylar and Kristen), and I really like it. I’ve always heard good stuff about the Zoya polishes and it lived up to the hype. The only problem I found with it was it stained my nails quite badly, even with a basecoat, which I always apply under every manicure. Luckily the stains were easily removed by soaking my hands in dental tablets and warm water for a few minutes, so it wouldn’t put me off getting some more Zoya polishes. I have my eye on some of the cool Pixie Dust collection that will be out soon!

Thanks for reading!
Ciao for now! x

No comments:

Post a Comment