Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Stripey Stripes


For today’s mani, I decided to go for something simple-ish, and remembered that I hadn’t used my striping tape in a while. So, I broke that out and did a simple double-V shape with some more of my untried polishes.



Details and another picture after the jump!






My base colour is Stonewash from No 7, and once that was completely dry (with a bit of help from Seche Vite) I applied my striping tape in the double-V shape to my nails (I got my striping tape from BornPrettyStore here). Then, I painted one coat of So Neat, also from No 7, all over my nails and on top of the striping tape, and immediately pulled the tape off gently but quickly while the polish was still wet. I decided to jazz my ring fingers up with one coat of Frilly Knickers by Butter London (LOVE the name!) -  one, to add a bit of sparkle, and two, because I wanted to try out the polish on one finger to see what it was like. I’ll be using this more often, I’m looking forward to trying this one on a galaxy manicure sometime!

Some more dramatic lighting! :)



This took me ages to do (mostly because I haven’t done much with tape yet in my few months of nail art-ing, so still getting used to it), but I do like how it turned out, and was happy to get some striping practice in! I also got to mark three more polishes off my untried list, so this was a win-win all round!

Ciao for now! x


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, pretty! I wish I was more adventurous with my nails...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      It's amazing what you can do with a couple of polish colours and a bit of tape. I think the fact that it can be so easy to jazz up a normal manicure into something your own is one of the things I love most about nail art!

      Love your blog by the way, I check it out everyday! :)

      Delete