Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Nerdy Nails Issue 4: Star Wars


I'm really happy with how my Nerdy Nails turned out this week; after my mediocre Avengers attempt last week, I wasn't feeling too confident but I managed to pull these out of the bag. Star Wars holds a special place in my heart - it's the first thing I ever went totally nuts for, and the first fandom I fell into. I really wanted to pay a decent tribute to my first love, and I think I did a pretty good job. I'll try to keep it short, so I'll just list the character on each nail and the colours used.





Thumb – R2-D2: Everyone's favourite astromech droid! I couldn't do a Star Wars set without including this little guy. Colours are OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Barry M Silver Foil, Essie Aruba Blue, China Glaze Liquid Leather, China Glaze Red Satin.

Index – Darth Maul: I think this one is the worst of the lot, but it's a lot more detailed, so I’ll let myself away with it! Colours used are Red Satin and Liquid Leather from China Glaze.

Middle – Stormtrooper: The classic Empire troopers from the original Trilogy. I actually tried to do these as a full manicure twice before a few months ago, but for some reason they were a disaster those 2 times, so I was nervous doing them this time. They turned out ok though. I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and China Glaze Liquid Leather.




Ring – Boba Fett: One of the most popular bounty hunters in the SW universe, I had to include him. For Boba I used Rimmel Camouflage Chic, China Glaze Red Satin, Liquid Leather, NYC Lexington Yellow.

Pinky – Jawa: This one came completely off the cuff during the week when I was thinking I could use my orangey shimmer from Rimmel for their eyes, and I couldn't wait to try out these guys! I think their my fave, I really like how they turned out! Shades are  Rimmel Beige Babe, China Glaze Liquid Leather, Essence Wanna Say Hello, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Rimmel Shirley Temple.




Overall, I'm really happy with these. I mainly chose to do these this week, as I have a troop day today at Forbidden Planet along the quays with the Emerald Garrison, a Star Wars costuming group that I am a member of. We go to events, and hold our own events, and dress up in costume (mostly Star Wars, but we are branching out into other fandoms now too) and generate some excitement while raising money for charity. I wanted to have some worthy nails to sport for the day, so I'll be showing these off with pride later!

I already have my next Nerdy Nails idea picked, I just have to get my designs finalised, so I can’t wait to get cracking on them next week!

Thanks for reading!
Ciao for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment